We believe that innovation is a process which starts with creative research and ends with bringing products to the market or starting companies.
|New research areas, technologies and collaborators
|| New applications, user/market driven development
Bringing products to the market, spin-offs, sales, licensings
| Technology and creativity
- New research areas e.g. within optics on a silicon platform, optical communications and LED lighting
- in Silicon Valley, California
- Participation in technology oriented communities within lighting, biomed, communications, etc.
- Attracting R&D divisions from international companies
- Industry feedback: internal Spring Boards, mentorship programs, focus on industry needs.
- Increasing innovation awareness by innovation days, patent seminars, focus on applications, user/market driven development
- Collaboration with prototyping and commercialization partners and well recognized, international corporations
- Teaching in Entrepreneurship: PhD Summer School - 2011 and Photonics Business Challenge - 2012
- Promotion of entrepreneurship by participation in Venture Cup, Væksthus programs, contact with venture capitalists and activity in Danish innovation environment
- Bring in serial entrepreneurs and people from the industry and involving them in development of the most promising projects